Tuesday, May 16, 2006

i think i was inadvertently on the news today.

i was cleanin a pool, like i do. i mean, that's my job.
and i hear police sirens. no biggie. then firetrucks. sounded pretty close.
eh, what cha gonna do?

then i hear the news helicopters.

...right above my head.

so very, very loud.

i keep workin. what am i gonna do about it?

i go to my truck to get something. like everybody in the neighborhood practically runs to see what's going on. morbid curiosity. people are sheep.
i continue to work. as usual. i'm running late.

the song, "why does this always happen to me" by weird al pops into my head.
can't get it out.

the owner of the pool tells me that a house is on fire and points to the sky. sure enough. there was a plume of smoke rising into the heavens.

i just think about the alternate route that i have to take to avoid the firetrucks and hangers on.

anyway, after awhile, the news copters leave. i guessed they got video of the best of the blaze and decided to move on. i'm sure the house was still on fire. but well, the exciting part was over.

well, if the news choppers did get to video tape me, i'm glad that i was wearing a hat. the glare from my shiny dome could have blinded the pilot and he might have crashed. and then more news copters would have to fly over to see that crash. and so on and so on.

i don't think this story will ever get around to having a point. so i will just stop.

tacos rule.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?